The Australian Lebanese Historical Society Inc. aims to promote the study of the history of Lebanese settlement in Australia.
The objectives for which the Society is established are:
- To encourage and assist in the development of repositories of archives on the history of Lebanese migration to and settlement in Australia,
- To encourage and assist in the maintenance of the records and other documentary evidence of this history,
- To promote the study of and scholarship in the history of Lebanese migration to Australia,
- To promote the study of and publicise the contributions of the Lebanese community to Australian society,
- To subscribe or guarantee money for charitable or benevolent objects, or for any public, general or useful object as from time to time determined by the Board and approved by an Annual General Meeting,
- To take any gift or property whether subject to any special trust or not, for any one or more objects of the Society,
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects and the exercise of the powers of the Society.
The Board of Directors for 2021 is:
- Dr. Anne Monsour (President)
- Mounira Saad (Vice-President)
- Antonia Simpson (Hon. Secretary)
- Petronella Fakhry (Hon. Treasurer)
- Theresa Sukkar (Membership Registrar)
- Nissrine Khadra-Daher (Digital Media Officer)
- Gabrielle Saide (also a regional ambassador for the Darling Downs)
- Anne Thacker
- Violet Torbey
- Regional ambassadors: Dr. Nelia Hyndman-Rizk (Canberra), Max Tomlinson (North Queensland), and George Manning (Southern NSW).
The Annual General Meeting of the Society is held in the first half of each calendar year.
To access the ALHS Constitution, please click below.